Begin With the End in Mind: Have a Plan
Beginning with the end in mind will help you in life. By knowing where you want to end up,you'll have a better idea of how to get there. Would a chef be successful if he just threw random ingredients in a bowl? No, he looks at the recipe of what he wants to make and takes small steps to get to the finished product.
What if you were doing a jigsaw puzzle? Could you sit down and put it together without looking at the picture on the box? By seeing what the finished puzzle will look like, you can select the right pieces and put them in the right part of the puzzle.
When you go on vacation, do you get in the car and drive in any direction? You'd get lost pretty quickly if you did that. By looking at a map before you leave, you can find where you want to end up. Then you can decide which are the best roads to take in order to get you there safely.
HOW CAN YOU BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND IN YOUR LIFE?
- Make to do lists.- If you want to accomplish things in your day, start with a list so you know what you need to do
- Set goals- knowing where you want to be will help you figure out how to get there.
- Budget your money- think about how you spend your money. Should you save it for something special later, or get something not as important now?
WHAT BOOKS CAN HELP ME LEARN MORE ABOUT BEGINNING WITH THE END INMIND?
- The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type by Doreen Cronin
- Where do You Think You're Going, Christopher Columbus? by Jean Fritz
- The School Story by Andrew Clements
- Bobby Baseball by Robert KimmelSmith